Friday, July 10, 2009

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Topped with Arugula


This is my ABSOLUTE favorite pizza. We discovered it when we lived in Frankfurt, Germany. We made many stops to the local pizza place to get this pizza.

I used this Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe from All Recipes, but used my bread machine, and it rose for about 4 hours since I was at work. It was way to moist. When I got home, I worked in another cup of white flour. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding. I'm looking for outstanding. So I will keep working with it to come up with something that I am happy with.

To make the pizza,
1. Make your dough, roll it out, top with tomato sauce, and fresh mozzarella. Put it in the oven to cook.
2. While it is cooking, wash and dry the lettuce. Dress it with some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. As soon as the pizza is done, take it out and put the arugula on top.
4. Cut and enjoy. It doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment