Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vitamin Greens Salad



When I asked my husband what he thought about the Vitamin Greens, he said he would describe it as "Salad al dente." A pretty good description because the Vitamin Greens have a soft chewiness to them, similar to a pasta that has been cooked al dente.

It tastes a little like cabbage, but doesn't have a bitter taste like arugula. We both liked the salad but agreed we would make some changes to what you see above.

I dressed this salad with some green onions. Next time I will leave these off. We both felt they didn't complement the taste of the Vitamin Greens. The sliced almonds are a keeper. What the salad really needed was some sweetness. If had them, I would have added a fresh cut orange to the salad. I think it would have complimented it very nicely and given it some nice color.

I made the vinaigrette below:
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 rice wine vinegar
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
3 Tbs Sesame Seeds

I made a 2nd, more tasty, version detailed in Vitamin Green Salad - Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment