Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 6 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - July 22

This week we got:

Cabbage: Maybe Some Soup? Maybe some Stuffed Cabbage leaves in the Slow Cooker.
Summer Squash: Grilled 2 of them today, will do the same to the other 2 tomorrow.
Lettuce: It is washed and ready to be eaten as a salad. I bought some feta cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries, and pecans to go with it.
Beets: Probably the Beet Risotto again. We just got back from vacation, I'm still recovering and I don't feel like trying something new when the risotto was so good.
Broccoli: Broccoli & Pasta. Never made it last week, will use for a quick dinner on Saturday.
Bunching Onions: I cut them all up and will use them throughout the week in salads, cooking, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you've been getting beats. We've not gotten any yet. They sure do look good though.

Holly said...

I stummbled upon your lovely blog when I typed "what to make for dinner" into google, goody! Now I'm in love! Thanks so much for all of your wonderful ideas, this is exactly what I needed! I live in Canada, so the season is a bit behind, but your ideas are still helpful. We had a horrible spring for gardening so everything is late this year. The only thing we're eating from our garden is lettuce and herbs:-( The farmers market has tons of stuff ready though, I don't know how they do it!!!
Well that's enough babbling for now. Consider me a devoted reader from now on! See you!

aMichiganMom said...

Thanks Holly, Glad to hear that you enjoy the blog!

iasmindecordoba - so glad you commented, I was looking everywhere for the link to your blog but couldn't find it. I used your technique for cooking the kale for my kale lasagna, but couldn't find the link to give you credit!

Post a Comment