Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week 5 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - July 15


Lots of goodies this week:

Lettuce - Two types. Will use for salads
Garlic - Will cure as they suggest by hanging in a dry, dark place for three weeks.
Patty Pan Squash - Cut up, saute in some olive oil as a side dish
Kale - I will try a veggie lasagna that I usually make with spinach, but will try Kale instead.
Green Zucchini - Zucchini Zoup! (I'll post my recipe after I make it)
Broccoli, Broccoli, Broccoli - YEAH! The kids love Broccoli. So I will make their favorite Broccoli with Pasta. Recipe & Pictures coming. My hubby and I get an adult "sauce" with anchovies and olive oil and they get the kid friendly version with olive oil and a little salt. All made in one pot, its a guaranteed winner!

1 comment:

Marj said...

What a beautiful arrangement! It even looks healthy. Looking forward to the Broccoli with Pasta recipe--we are one of the few people that like anchovies, even on our Pizza.

Post a Comment