Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 6 Summary & Review

Mixed Salad Plate
Above: our dinner tonight. I needed something quick, so I made a mixed salad plate of bean salad, cabbage salad, and cut-up cantaloupe.

Last week we got:

Cabbage: Made the yummy salad on the right above. It was a last minute thing, I was adding things as I tasted without measuring but I think I added about the following amounts to the cut up cabbage: juice of 1 lemon, 2 Tbs Sesame Oil, 1/2 tsp celery seed, 3-4Tbs Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper to taste, 1-2 tsp. of fish sauce some sliced almonds (maybe 3 Tablespoons) and about 1/4-1/3 cup of sliced green onions.

Summer Squash: Grilled them with a little olive oil, salt & pepper.

Lettuce: Used it for two days of salads. I bought some feta cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries, and pecans to go with it. The first night we had company, so I candied the nuts (also added some cinnamon and a dash of salt). The next day I had what was left and added some fresh blueberries.

Blueberry Salad

Beets: Roasted them. They are still in the fridge awaiting a good dish. Maybe I'll go eat them now...I'm hungry.

Broccoli: Broccoli & Pasta. Yummy. Still need to post the recipe.

Bunching Onions: Cut up and used throughout the week, probably still have about 1/2 of them left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a painter friend of Marge's and love your blogs! My mouth waters every time I read them. So creative. Your blog reminds me of 'Julie and Julia' - except that yours came out before the movie. Anyway I'd love to try your broccoli and pasta recipe. Could you post it? Keep up your inspiring work! Thanks. Terry

Post a Comment