Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Week 4 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009

Week 3 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009

What is in our share this week:
  • Arugula - My FAVORITE. I'll be adding some tomatoes, some thinly slicked Grana Padano, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and a little S&P. Delicious!!! You really have to smell this stuff.
  • Vitamin Green - The email we got said it was part of the Asian greens family. I'll have to look something up for this one.
  • Music Garlic - As needed through the weeks
  • Kohlrabi - never tried this, looking forward to it. I might just slice it up.
  • Squash - I'll put them in a little olive oil and saute them with the garlic as a side dish
  • Beets - Need to find a use for the beets and greens as this is NOT something I usually cook with, although if I remember correctly, my husband likes them.
btw...I pick these up at lunch time while I am at work, but bring them back up to my office so they don't go 'yuck' in the hot car. I wish you could smell my office, because as soon as you walk it the smell of fresh produce hits your nose. I GUARANTEE that the same veggies bought from the store wouldn't smell this good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie - Beets are good shredded raw on salads...I wear rubber gloves and shred them in the sink onto waxed paper. Their greens are good cooked too if you like "greens."

Ruth

Post a Comment