Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 15 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - September 23, 2009


Here is what we got this week and how I plan to use it:

Cantaloupe - We ate it for dessert one night, and snacks today.
Green Peppers - I will stuff these
Apples - Will eat for snacks through the week
Onions - Will save for cooking through the week
Acorn Squash - these should keep for a couple of month. I've always wanted to try making acorn squash soup, and think I may give this recipe a try: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/winter-squash-chowder-recipe/index.html
Potatoes - Will store for cooking use.
Beets - Think I will roast them, get some lettuce and goat cheese, make a vinaigrette and make a nice salad. Ohh - and some walnut pieces.
Broccoli - Made Pasta & Broccoli for the kids last night.
2 Delicata Winter Squash (the two yellow things in the foreground). I was thinking of trying a twice baked version of this. Roasting them, then cutting them in half, scooping out the flesh, mashing it and mixing it with something and then baking it in the oven.
Kale - Kale Chips, Yeah!!!!

On Sunday, I am going to start something that should be interesting. I plan to time myself every time I start cooking for a week, to see how much time I actually am spending cooking every week...should be interesting. I'll share the results here of course.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful veggies! I saw this recipe for Roasted Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash the other day, and it looked awesome. Just passing along.

aMichiganMom said...

Kelly, that recipe looks better than the one I posted. I really like anise. I never put it in a soup before. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment