Thursday, September 24, 2009

Organize Recipes




How do you organize your recipes?

Here is my system:

I have a shelf in my pantry. On either side of the food are the cookbooks.  The picture above is the right side (books pictured left to right are: Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker, The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper, Rustic European Breads from your Bread Machine, I'm Just Here for the Food, New Good Food): 

The purple folder has all the recipes I have printed or people have given me that I want to try. The white binder has all the recipes that I've tried and like and will make again in page protectors pictured below (organized by topic).

Recipe Organization

I'm not a big fan of cookbooks that only give you recipes. I like a cookbook that gives you information and techniques with a few suggestions on how you can use these techniques. I have a separate shelf in my dining room with my whole cookbook collection, but the books above and below (the left side: books pictured top to bottom are: Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook, Pressure Perfect, Williams Sonoma Kitchen Companion) are my most referenced, when I am cooking and have a question on a technicality of the food I am using.

Recipes 2

I would love to hear in the comments how you organize your recipes and cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment