Thursday, September 03, 2009

Week 12 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - September 2, 2009

Here is what we got this week and how I plan to use it.

2 Watermelons - Will serve for Leonard's 10 Years in the Mitten family get-together.
Tomatoes - Made a quiche and put one in it. I have two friends who are Greek and both of them have taught me how to cook up tomatoes and eggs together and we've been doing that a lot lately. Probably will do that with the one I have left.
Corn - Hi! Served half for dinner last night, the other half tonight.
Onions - Store for cooking
Beets - Beet Salad or Beet Risotto. I roasted them last night when I got them, I just need to do something with them.
Mini Tomatoes - my daughter ate 1/2 the package while I was cooking dinner, will probably throw some in a salad during the week.
Cabbage - Coleslaw
Green Pepper - Hmmm...I need to start using them. This is my third one. I know....I'll stuff them!
Beet Greens - Maybe in a lasagna?
Squash - Not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment