Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 14 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - September 16, 2009

Here is what we got this week and how I plan to use it:

Apples - Will eat for snacks for the week.
Tomatoes - the kids ate them for dinner
Potatoes - Save for cooking...maybe some potato soup?
Purple "Green" Bean - Will serve with dinner.
Beets - Cut them up and using them for three different projects
Cabbage - Some Soup? Our babysitter gave us her leftover ham bone, will make some yummy soup for a chilly fall.
Peppers - Not sure...Ideas anyone. Toddlers aren't big on spicy.
Purple Onions - Will use for cooking
Mystery Greens - I emailed Michele and she said they are mustard greens. Maybe these are Kale? I emailed iasmindecordoba, another blogger who gets the Maple Creek Farm Share, and she is thinking it is Kale too. It is much lighter and thinner than the Kale we've been getting, but I know I'll be making Kale chips out of this if it is, because we are addicted to them! I need to look up how to use them.
Watermelon - We ate it all in one night --- it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment