Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 19 Summary & Review

Here is how I used last week's share:

Long Island Cheese-heirloom pumpkin - This pumpkin is waiting for a thanksgiving pie :-)
Mixed Greens - Made a couple of salads out of these through the week.  They were really good.  I find myself craving greens more and more.  I feel like in the absence of sugar (more about that in an upcoming post), my body is able to identify what real foods I am really craving, like greens, kale, specific fruits.  When I eat too much sugar, I feel like I just crave more sugar, not specific foods.
Chinese Cabbage - Made a Cabbage salad out of them with sesame seed oil and rice vinegar.
Apples - Snacked on them through the week
Acorn Squash - Found this recipe from Alton brown for Squash Soup and made it.  It was VERY good, but almost too rich.  It would be better be served as  cup of soup with something as a main dish rather than a bowl of soup for the main course.
Leeks - Used them in a Kale lasagna.
Onions - Cooked with them through the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment