Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 18 Summary & Review

Carrots Ready To Eat

Here is what we got last week and how I used it:

Carrots - I peeled them and my son and I ate them for a snack one afternoon.
Apples - snacked on them through the week
Onions - used them for cooking through the week
Green Peppers - still have to stuff them and post the recipe here.
Vitamin Greens - Made a Vitamin Green Salad.
Potatoes - Used through the week, still have some left (truth: I HATE peeling potatoes, so I really have to be in the mood to make them)
Squash - I have a lot. On Thursday, I plan on making this soup.
Rutabagas - Adventure FAIL.  I peeled them and boiled them with 2 carrots and 3 small potatoes.  When they were done, I drained them and put them in the food processor.  I added some butter and turned the food processor on.  I really should have used a food mill, but I don't have one, so I improvised and added some milk to the mixture so it would run through the food processor more smoothly.  It was VERY sweet.  It would have made great baby food.  It tasted like I had added about 1/2 cup sugar to it.  Way too sweet.  But now I learned my lesson and my husband has a gift idea for me - hint hint.

1 comment:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

still staring at your blog deciding what to do on the CSA. on the rutabegas..roast at high temp. evoo ...salt.. (and do you have to peel potatoes? no one ever told me ;))

Post a Comment