Friday, July 15, 2011

Maple Creek Farm Share Weeks 1 & 2

Week #1

 Week #1 - Maple Creek Farm Share 2011


Last week we were on vacation, so my friend Jayna picked up my share for me and took the photo.  Thanks Jayna!



Week #2
This week, I was so excited to pick up MY first share and taste some Maple Creek goodness!  I didn't realize how much I missed the routine of picking up my share each week until I was able to do it again today.  To come back to my pick-up location, see what was in my box, break down the box, stick my produce in my bag and bring it back home to store and eat.  Doesn't that look amazing?

Week #2 - Maple Creek Farm Share 2011

Here is what I plan to do with this week's share.  I will lightly saute the swiss chard and have it with eggs & chives in the morning for breakfast (I better do it on Saturday, or my husband will be sad he missed out on such a wonderful breakfast). I will make some zucchini soup with the summer squash.  When I stop at the grocery store I will make sure to pick up some Brie so I can make my favorite cucumber and Brie sandwiches.  The lettuce I will use for our daily lunch salads.  And for those delicious looking peas, well half of one of the bags is already gone because we gobbled it up before dinner tonight and I think I will stir fry the other half with some Bok Choy for a veggie stir fry from the Simple Baby Bok Choy and Snow Peas recipe in the Steamy Kitchen Cookbook.

This is our 4th year having the our share (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011) and over the past week I have been noticing what a healthy impact it has had on our family.  My kids eat things I NEVER ate as a kid and look forward to it.  Picking up in-season food each week has taught us what is in season when and how to recognize truly fresh produce.  And anticipating what will be in our box each week has made us appreciate and look forward to eating foods that were previously unknown to us, and at first we weren't even sure we liked.  Thanks Maple Creek Farm!

Products Mentioned in this Post:

2 comments:

NicoleDula said...

I am so happy with my Maple Creek Farm experience! The food is fresh and wonderful. Your plans for your share sounds fantastic!

aMichiganMom said...

Nicole, I liken picking up the box to to Christmas every week! I am going to post your pizza recipe in the next newsletter.

Post a Comment