Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Preparing Lettuce and Salad Greens for Easy Salad Prep

We LOVE Salads, but I used to eat fewer salads than I do now because of the time involved in prepping everything; washing, cutting, and drying the lettuce, Chopping up the toppings, making the dressings.  Until I discovered that by prepping all of the "work" of a salad once or twice a week, we would have everything on hand for great salads throughout the week.  Here is a video that describes my process.



What I forgot to mention in the video is how often I will store some lettuce in the salad spinner and put some in individual Pyrex Containers for us to grab during the week for an easy lunch to grab.  I prefer the 6-cup rectangular size for our salads.

There are obviously more ways to prep greens, and if you have any suggestions on how you keep salads ready to go at your house, I would love to hear them in the comments.

Featured Products:
        

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my OXO salad spinner. It is so easy to use and my kiddos love pushing down the handle to spin dry the lettuce. It is definitely a great way to get the kiddos involved in the kitchen. I also wash all my salad greens ahead of time and store them in a Pyrex bowl. We usually eat our salads with a homemade ranch dressing. I have been looking for a good Italian dressing recipe, do you know of a good one and if so could you please share it? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love your website - keep up the great work!!

Angela Hale (Trupiano - From ATiB :)

aMichiganMom said...

Thanks Angela! Good to hear from you!

Post a Comment