Sunday, April 25, 2010

OXO Strawberry Huller Review



Last week I got the OXO strawberry huller.  Overall, I like it.  It doesn't do a perfect job at removing the hull of the strawberry because sometimes the hull will push inside of the strawberry, but as I use it more and more, I am getting better at efficiently removing the hulls of the strawberries.

As I mention in the video, I got the OXO strawberry huller because I wanted to find a quick way to hull the strawberries while wasting as little of the strawberry flesh as possible.  I have always felt that a knife, while fast, just takes a little too much of the strawberry away.  Maybe my knife skills just need to be a little better?  I don't know, but I do know that I am happy with how the OXO strawberry huller preforms and see myself using it after I go strawberry picking with the kids this summer to quickly remove the hulls and freeze them for use during the rest of the year.

Here are a few more pictures:

OXO Strawberry Huller

Hulling Strawberries with OXO Strawberry Huller

Hulled Strawberries from OXO Strawberry Huller

Featured Product:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! It sure is better than the huller that I had years ago that just pinches. Craving some strawberries now!

aMichiganMom said...

We had some strawberries today for our trip to the zoo. They were very yummy!

Post a Comment