Thursday, August 13, 2009

Week 9 Maple Creek Farm Share

Week 9 Maple Creek Farm CSA 2009 - August 12, 2009

This week we got:

Onions - Will use for cooking
Tomatoes - I made a tomato salad out of the with sliced cucumbers (from the share, see below), sliced green peppers (from the share see below) with feta, vinegar, oil, some thinly sliced onion.
Zucchini - Will make some soup to freeze
Cucumbers - made the salad above, and will use through the week to make one of my FAVORITE sandwiches, Brie with sliced cucumbers.
Green Peppers - Used one in tomato salad, not sure how I will use the rest.
Basil - Waiting for inspiration, probably some brushetta or pesto.
Lettuce - Chopped washed, ready for a salad
Radishes - despite some good suggestions from friends on facebook, I gave them to our babysitter who likes them.
Potatoes - Will use to make the zucchini soup
Green Beans - These look great and I will serve with some salmon I have in the freezer.

Whew...I think that is it. Summer is in full produce swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment