Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kale Chips

Kale Chips

One thing I can't seem to get enough of at the farmer's market this year, is Kale. I've been trying it in this and that all summer. Last time I was at the Nature's Pace booth, the farmer gave me a recipe for Kale chips. They sounded pretty good so I gave them a whirl last weekend. My son and husband thought they were good, but didn't eat a lot. my daughter, mom, dad, and I thought they were excellent and ate them all in a manner of minutes.

Here is the recipe for Kale Chips:
1. Wash and dry the leaves removing thick stems, placing them on a cookie sheet.
2. Drizzle olive oil on top. Salt and pepper to your liking.
3. Rip the big leaves into small chip-size pieces.

Kale "Chips" before baking

4. Bake for 350F for 10-20 minutes. When leaves begin to brown at edges turn off the oven and leave the chips in there so the extra moisture drys. Take them out and enjoy!

Finished Kale Chips

UPDATE (9/29/09): I tried making these with mustard greens. If Kale worked, why not mustard greens I wondered? They were bad. The mustard greens were pretty bitter and had just a slightly off taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment