Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kids Konserve Set of Stainless Steel Nesting Containers Review (with Video)

Kids Konserve Nesting Bowls from ReusableBags.com

One of my favorite websites to shop from is Reusit.com.  They have an awesome selection of reusables for your home, office, school, car - basically just life in general.  I prefer to use reusable containers because it saves me money and prevents waste.

Here is my video review of the Kids Konserve Set of Nesting Stainless Steel Containers.  A Text Review follows the video for those of you who prefer reading.



I got this set of containers because although I really like the snacktaxis, there were times that I wanted to be able to put things in my son's lunch that couldn't be served in a snacktaxi.  Things like, applesauce, yogurt and tomatoes with olive oil.  Glass is breakable and I worry about plastic, so stainless steel was my material of choice.

Capacity - The smallest container (orange lid) holds 3/4 cup.  The medium container (green lid) holds 1 and 1/4 cup.  The largest container (army green lid) holds 2 and 1/4 cup.

Lids - The top of the lids, except for the tine indentation along the edge are flush with the top of the stainless steel container.  This is awesome, because you loose very little capacity when filling them up with your food.

Leak Proof - It is nice to not have to worry about liquids leaking out of these containers.  This means you can store applesauce or yogurt in there and not have to worry about it spilling all over your child's lunch box.

Storage - Anyone who has trouble finding space to store things in their kitchen will appreciate the fact that these nest together so storage isn't a problem.  Nor is brining them with you on vacation or field trips because when you are done eating, they fit back into each other.

I am very happy with the Kids Konserve set, here are two photos from the video that show the capacity of the medium and large size containers.

Kids Konserve

Purchase the Kids Konserve Nesting Set on ReusableBags.com (the website will soon be re-named reusit.com)

2 comments:

Rhonda Tenderholt said...

I didn't watch the video but are the lids easy for kids to take off?

aMichiganMom said...

My son is almost 5 I asked him if he takes it off or his teacher does, he said his teacher takes it off for him. Because he is my oldest I don't know at what age he would be able to start taking it off himself. The lids are tight, but that is because they are leak proof. I don't find them hard to get off myself. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Post a Comment