Friday, October 24, 2008

Vegetable Sprinkle Pancakes

This is one of my favorite things to make the kids when my husband and I are eating something that the kids don't like to eat, like salad. 99% of the time they eat what we eat because I don't want to get in the trap of having to make two meals every night. But I just don't expect a 1 and 3-year-old to eat a bowl of lettuce leaves for dinner ;-)

I used to just called the veggie patties....that didn't go over well, so I now call them Vegetable Sprinkle Pancakes.

1. I scramble two eggs, add some Italian bread crumbs and cinnamon:












2. Then I shred and squeeze the water out of 1 large carrot (fine), 1 medium zucchini (fine), and 1 large potato (coarse):












3. Next I Mix it all together and make patties out of them:









































4. I cook them in a medium to medium-high pan for a few minutes on each side:












5. Then I add about 10 sprinkles and dust with cinnamon for the finished, kid-friendly product:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi...i was just going through random blogs and found ur blog...my mom liked ur sprinkle pancakes and may be she cook it for me tomorrow..
nice blog..
good luck

Post a Comment