Wednesday, October 08, 2008

101 Things to Make for Dinner

We've all been there. It's closing in on dinnertime and you have no idea what you are going to make for dinner. Here is a list to inspire you. Please add anything I missed in the comments.

I highly recommened you buy these books if you are having problems with what to cook for dinner everynight because they teach you how to cook and come up with ideas in addition to giving you recipe suggestions; Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker, The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper, I'm Just Here for the Food, Pressure Perfect, Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. However, since this is a blog and you are probably searching for something to make tonight, please use the list below for inspiration.

All of these links open in a new window, so you won't loose your place. Browse the recipes yourself and see what suites your tastes, cooking level, and time commitment. My husband is Maltese and I included one of his favorite Maltese dinners in the list. Can anyone guess what number it is?

1. Meatloaf

2. Tacos

3. Pasta Arrabiata

4. Fish and Chips

5. Tacos

6. Taco Salad

7. Chicken Salad Sandwiches

8. Stir-fry

9. Sloppy Joes

10. Chicken Roast

11. Beef Roast

12. Quiche

13. Pancakes

14. Waffles

15. Zucchini Soup

16. Goulash

17. Chicken Soup

18. English Breakfast

19. French Dip Sandwiches

20. Lentil Soup

21. Hot dogs

22. Hamburgers

23. Pork Loin

24. Pork Chops

25. BLTs

26. Schnitzel

27. Roast Duck

28. Roast Lamb

29. Chili

30. Chicken Chili

31. Enchiladas

32. Fajitas

33. Macaroni and Cheese

34. Shepherd's Pie

35. Gnocchi

36. Ravioli

37. Chicken Marsala

38. Lasagna

39. Steak

40. Fried Chicken

41. Chicken Fingers

42. Beef Brisket

43. Tuna Noodle Casserole

44. Homemade Pizza

45. Corn Chowder

46. Quesadillas

47. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

48. French Toast

49. Turkey burgers

50. Tortellini

51. Chicken Pot Pie

52. Minestrone

53. Cabbage Rolls

54. Pad Thai

55. Pasta Salad

55. Kung Pao Chicken

56. Fried Rice

57. Chicken Cordon Bleu

58. Chili Dogs

59. BLT Sandwiches

60. Pulled Pork Sandwiches

61. Pot Roast

62. Stuffed Peppers

63. Cobb Salad

64. Goulash

65. Spinach Pie

66. Rice Salad

67. Ribs

68. Philly Steak Sandwich

69. Hero Sandwich

70. Sausage Soup

71. Salisbury Steak

72. Beef Stroganoff

73. Grilled Shrimp

74. Gumbo

75. Paella

76. Roast Turkey

77. Salmon

78. Rabbit Stew

79. Buffalo Burgers

80. Vegetable Soup

81. Cream of Broccoli

82. Cream of Potato

83. Timpana

84. Chicken Parmesan

85. Pesto

86. Fettuccine Alfredo

87. Spaghetti alla Bolognese

88. Veggie Burgers

89. Frittata

90. Spanish Rice

91. Chickpea Curry

92. Sweet & Sour Chicken

93. Baked Rice Casserole

94. Taco Casserole

95. Stuffed Eggplant

96. Moroccan Tagine

97. Tilapia

98. Lobster

99. Swedish meatballs

100. Tuna Salad

101. Cannelloni

Looking for More Inspiration? I highly recommend these books that along with providing some good recipes, will teach you how to cook, help you come up with ideas, and provide a reference when you need to look something up:







8 comments:

aMichiganMom said...

Thanks. For awhile I used a Google Calendar to plan all my meals. Not sure why I stopped - I think I started using my white board more.

L'Shmoah said...

Is Timpana your husbands favorite Maltese Dish??

aMichiganMom said...

You're right. It is Timpana. Here is a picture: http://vkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/04/maltese-timpana.html

It is super yummy! My kunjata (mother-in-law) makes it the best!

I try, but it never turns out as good.

Marj said...

You can come over and cook for me anytime...Wish I was as organized as you! (I'd rather be watercoloring :-) Love, Gram. Marj.

Marj said...

Julie, I clicked on the Macaroni & Cheese recipe because I thought for sure your Gram. Sharon's recipe would be there. I love that one! Do you ever make it?

Marj said...

Julie, I clicked on your Macaroni & Cheese recipes and I thought you would post your Gram. Sharon's recipe. I love that one! Do you ever make it?

aMichiganMom said...

I thought of linking to individual recipes, but I just linked to a Google recipe search for them so people could pick one they like. It is a VERY good Macaroni & Cheese recipe, but I don't make it that often. Not sure why.

Here it is though:
3 cups of macaroni cooked
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 can milk
2 to 4 green onions sliced
1/3 cup miracle whip
1 1/2 to 2 cups grated cheese

Mix everything together and put in a square baking dish. Double recipe for a 9x13. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

Anonymous said...

thankyou ever so much ! x

Post a Comment