Monday, September 01, 2008

Pasta Salad


Pasta Salad Toppings, originally uploaded by HiMalta.

At 1PM today I looked in my cupboard and wondered what I was going to make for dinner. I saw some tri-colored pasta and "Pasta Salad" seemed to be the only way to go. My Pasta salad is NEVER the same. What it tastes like depends on what I have in the fridge/pantry. Here is what I came up with today.

The pasta is underneath. Today I included:
* 1 red pepper chopped
* 4 generous teaspoons of capers
* 1 can of chick peas
* 2 hard boiled eggs
* 1/4 block of Colby cheese cubed
* 4 green onions
* 1/5 purple onion
* 1 zesty Italian seasoning packet
* some fresh chopped parsley
* 1 pepperoni chopped
* 2 boxes of pasta
* olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper to taste

Before serving I always add some fresh chopped tomatoes.

What I wanted to add, but didn't have on hand were some black olives. It still tasted great, but I think they would have given it a nice kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment