Sunday, June 18, 2006

Unsolicited Advice

I admit, I am a little proud when it comes to listening to other people's advice, but the other day this lady in the store gave me so great advice. I was telling Matthew not to do something by saying "no." We started talking about something else, and she said that she never told her kids "no". She always said something like "Don't climb on that," "Don't touch that," "etc." She did this for two reasons 1) "No" wasn't the first word they learned to say 2) Her kids knew what they were doing wrong. I have added an addition to her advice. I tell my son what he shouldn't be doing, but give him an alternative. "Don't touch the TV, come here and play with your toys with me." It seems to be working well. So thanks to the lady from HomeGoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment