Saturday, June 17, 2006

To Work or Not to Work

I have many thoughts on this subject that are hard to sum up logically in paragraph form, so I am just going to give a list of a few thoughts I have on the subject.

  • Moms have been working since time began....but in the house. They weren't there to spend every single moment with their children because they were busy cooking for their large family, taking care of animals, etc. They didn't leave the house to work, but they were working around the house while their children were occupied by each other, chores, or other family members.
  • I don't think limited daycare exposure is bad. I have a noticed a big different in my son's social skills and openness to other people since he started going to daycare 3 mornings a week. I think he is learning to relate better to people outside our family.
  • Some Christians say that women shouldn't work, but what about the woman in Proverbs 31 who works?

Those are my thoughts for now...more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment